Hanover Generator Installation & Design
Backup Power to Keep Your Family Safe & Comfortable
Interested in investing in a generator? M.J. Carr Electrical Services is here to offer customized generator designs and installations for your space to get your system back up and running in no time. Regardless of the type or size of generator, we have the necessary knowledge and skills to provide the best solution.
We are proud to custom design a generator that will perfectly fit what you're looking for. When we're finished with the design, we'll expertly install your unit and get it fully set up so that you're protected when the time comes that your power fails and you need a back-up supply. Our trained team of electrical professionals has extensive experience with generator design and will take into consideration the unique needs of your home and your family.
4 Benefits of a Back-Up Generator
1. Security system around the clock - Don't sacrifice your security simply because of a power outage. Times of crisis are when you need electricity the most. Not only does your alarm depend on electricity, but a property with no indoor or outdoor lights is prime for thieves so consider generator installation today to make yourself safer.
2. Access your fridge - Don't worry about opening your refrigerator during a storm. In these times of high winds it's safest to stay home and eat your own food so make sure you can do that without putting your refrigerated items at risk.
3. No pausing medical equipment - Depending on the medical devices you or your loved ones use, a backup generator could be the difference between being able to use them or not. If you depend on electricity for any of your necessary medical devices, consult our Hanover generator installation experts pronto.
4. Continuous HVAC in times of need - If you're stuck at home during a storm, you most likely want to have an indoor air environment that's suitable and comfortable. This could be critical in the winter months when the frigid temperatures set in.
Types of Generators
Not all generators are created equally. In fact, there are quite a few options that offer different benefits that may better suit your needs. The team at M.J. Carr Electrical Services is thoroughly experienced and can assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.
Common home generators include:
- Portable Units -These units are a great, affordable option for the client that is able to transport the generator from its storage area, start the engine, and connect a power cord. This option will also require the manual transfer from utility power to generator power by means of a mechanical device installed at the main breaker electric panel. These portable generators typically run on gasoline with some models having the ability to run on propane as well (duel fuel). Though smaller in size, and fairly easy to move around, these can be sized large enough to run most of an average size home. We at M.J. Carr Electrical Services are able to advise on size, based on the electric load needed in the event of power loss.
- Automatic Standby Units -This option is the best choice for clients that travel often, are not able to manually start and connect a portable generator, or those that simply would enjoy the convenience of having the generator start and transfer power automatically. In the event of power outage, the generator will start within about 10 seconds and transfer the building load automatically after a brief warm up time. When utility power is restored, the building load is automatically transferred back to the utility, the generator will continue to run for a cool down period, and shut off. These generators are permanently installed outdoors and typically run on natural gas. If natural gas is not available on site, we have a solution with the installation of a propane tank that can be installed above ground or buried under ground.
If you have questions or are curious to learn more about a particular generator, we’d be happy to help you over the phone, so give us a call today!
Maintaining Your New Generator
After your unit is designed and installed, it's important that it's taken care of so that you can always rely on it when the time comes. Though we don't offer maintenance services, we are happy to refer you to a reliable contractor that will make sure everything is in good working order.
Call Now for a Free Estimate!
Our Hanover electricians have an in-depth knowledge of generators and can answer any questions you may have about the design and installation process.